Family Forum » Web Application » Works much better now
Works much better now Discussion
 Post subject: Works much better now
Posted: Jun 08 2016, 09:58 
calamme

I deleted the ged.com I was using and uploaded it again a couple of days ago. The website now seems to work fine with one confusing issue. When I "select" a person, the dates of the people are incorrect. From a cursory glance at my immediate family, it looks like the dates are of the person directly prior in the tree. For example, my dates are of my older sister. My older sister's are of my mother. However, when I selected a person, the correct dates appeared on the site. Hope this helps. Will continue to try a different person to see if it is consistent. Sharon

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Jun 08 2016, 20:33 
thomlyon

Is your first "selection" from the dropdown menu in Step 1? Are you saying that when you "save" the selection that the dates showing in the selection list are correct? Could you send me a screen shot showing the issue? Thanks Sharon.

Posted: Jun 09 2016, 10:10 
calamme

I sent you an email with screen shot samples of the issue.

Posted: Jun 10 2016, 12:01 
thomlyon

Got it! Interesting situation. I forwarded the email to the programmer to take a look at what might be the issue. Thanks again!

Posted: Jun 10 2016, 15:51 
infolindag

Hi Thom and Sharon, I'm having the same incorrect date issue with the drop down list of people. Interestingly, the Home Person from my Ancestry gedcom upload has a correct birthdate but I think he's the only one that does. Also he is listed twice with two different dates in the drop down. I double-checked Ancestry and he is not listed twice there. Don't know if that's a gedom export issue or an OFS issue. I have hit several other problems and I'lll send screen shots to you via email.
One thing that made me hesitate to continue is getting a Google Chrome warnng that the site's security certificate is not trusted. I cleared cookies but still get the warning. I went ahead and continued to the "unsafe" site. Hoping my genealogy data doesn't get hijacked somehow.
Linda

Posted: Jun 10 2016, 15:56 
calamme

Interesting Linda - My home person (me) was incorrect. I used Safari and did not get the warning.

Posted: Jun 15 2016, 09:26 
thomlyon

Programmer is looking into the security warning. OFS is a secure site with a current security certificate. The warning is only happening in the Chrome browser.